Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Study Space

It has been a buzz of activity for the last 10 days in this house!!  Little did I know as I wrote my last post that we would go all the way to Kentucky the very next morning! We had been waiting for the right situation to replace my husbands truck to come along, and when it did, we jumped.  After our return I spent 3 days, essentially, hung over.  Then I had to scramble to finish what I had started with my new school room! 

The pictures are a little grainy, as I took them on my iPad.  I did order a new camera, but it hasn't come yet *sigh* so for now, this will have to do.

Here you can see our reading bench tucked away in a cozy corner.  It's just big enough for two and it will soon grow cozier, with more pillows, an awning, blankets etc... It's near the window for better light.  On the other side of the window is our new easel from Ikea.  I LOVE it!  It was so easy to put together, and only $15+shipping.  Definitely the best deal you'll find on an easel anywhere!


This is what was formerly my china cabinet.  My china is no longer decoratively displayed, instead it is banished to the tight space of the top shelf.  The rest is now supplies and toys.  My son no longer has open access to his toys, instead we now do a check out system (like a toy library).  He gets one item or basket at a time, and nothing else until what is currently out is checked back in.  I got this idea somewhere in the blog/Pinterest world and love it!  We have much more purposeful play, Joe always picks up after himself, and no more "dump it and run" style playing.

Moving on to the actual study corner.  His little table with a bench for me to sit with him (or it's also the perfect height against his desk when he needs to spread out), hooks to help display all his hard work, and the mirror for his speech and occupational therapy exercises.






I'm extremely happy with how it is all turning out!  We have a much more functional space now, and am excited to watch as it continues to grow with us.  I have plans for a bulletin board and a pocket calender in the not too distant future.



No comments:

Post a Comment