Friday, September 6, 2013

Foody Friday; Food for 3 Days!

Last night I made two of our good old fashioned family stand bys.  Between the two recipes, lunch and dinner is taken care of for 3 days!  It's cheap too, our favorite part!  The first is a Greek marinated chicken that we grill, we love using our grill!  It could be 40 degrees out and as long as it's dry, grilling is an option.  Here is my very happy husband with said grill... I'm pretty sure he intends to grill our Thanksgiving turkey


Anyway, the original recipe can be found HERE.  I do make a couple of changes, not much different... but I'm a big fan of freshness.  Fresh herbs, are always better than dried, always.  The phrase "garlic (or onion) POWDER" is pretty much a swear word in this house, and dried herbs are for emergencies only.  They are economical... but so is growing your own stuff, or going to a friends herb garden.  Anybody who keeps an herb garden can tell you they constantly have more than they can use!

I used a whole cut up fryer for my chicken, juice from the whole lemon because I like things extra lemony and then fresh oregano.  Also, I sometimes use "European Yogurt" from Trader Joes, because it's cheaper than Greek Yogurt.  I would be lying if I said I knew the difference between the two.... the European seems a little more runny, but that's about all I've noticed.  I never marinate anything for only 30 minutes, this stuff sat for two hours and was delicious.

I also made a dish of lasagna roll ups.  Easy, and a crowd pleaser, with these I don't change a thing :-)

Here are two pictures of what this stuff looks like when it's done, if you click them they will take you to the original recipes.  I can't snap my own pictures for another week, due to the Toddler Pool Meets Nikon Incident of 2013



Linking up to Foodie Friday Pop on over for tons more (and I'm sure far superior) recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment