Saturday, September 7, 2013

Manual Labor; The start of a school room

Well today, I am physically spent by 10am!  My husband is on the graveyard shift for the month, so all the strong armed, man handling, type of projects are pretty much on me.  Today that involved completely disassembling the breakfast nook, loading it into the truck, and going to the dump.  (With a toddler and a baby having a screaming contest...) Then moving my very heavy, oak, dining table through a very narrow kitchen doorway.  I've also had to forgo all the "prettiness" of my china cabinet and relegate all of my crystal and serving dishes to the top shelf, so I can use the bottom two for storage of the types of school things I won't want the kids constantly getting into without supervision.  Now I'm working on repurposing some items and as soon as hubby and I share 2 waking hours, there's a huge, heavy, broken, cabinet that has to go.

My back hurts, and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee, FYI.   I just REALLY needed to get this stuff done, and assess my current supplies and storage, before I start buying things this week. 

It's fun to get it done too!  I'm really excited about this latest venture, so anything I can do over the next few days to get the ball rolling I'm doing!  I'm also planning on taking the quiet time during the kids naps today to inventory everything we have.  Every book, every toy, every art supply so I know exactly where we stand.

It's about to get crazy in here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment