Monday, September 2, 2013

9 Month Pictures

I look at our baby girl and I can not believe she is 9 months old.  Seriously, where has the time gone??  We had a 9 month pictures on the agenda and I turned to Pinterest for inspiration.  Let me just say that I have a love-hate relationship with Pinterest.  In this instance; however, I was pleased with my inspiration and the end result!  You see I found THIS and while I knew I didn't have the money to make little Evie's photo shoot near as grand, with a little ingenuity it definitely turned out every bit as delightful.  So delightful, in fact, that I really wish I could post all 50 pictures for you.  Instead, here is my favorite from each setting in the session:

The first two are from the "Story Time" part of the session.


Then we headed out to the park with our German Shepherd for the Little Red Riding hood pictures.  Evelyn was really not a fan of sitting on that grass!  I made the hood using THIS tutorial, and the little black dress with red cherries was a hand me down.

Once we were back inside it was on to Snow White.  I found a solid BLUE onesie in the boy section of our local consignment shop for $1, and the yellow dress for $3.  I added three strips of red ribbon to each sleeve.  The hardest part of this costume was tying that ribbon to her fidgety baby head!


...and then Cinderella.  Nanna bought the Disney store Cinderella costume, a beautiful BLUE ballgown.


We set up a proper, little girl, tea party for Alice in Wonderland.  I used to collect miniature tea sets and still can't resist the occasional, pretty, thrifted tea cup.  So it was quite the "mad" assortment! I made the pinafore myself with a square of white fabric, and white ribbon.  It was a bit of a hack job, but hey, it worked!  The little BLUE dress was a very lucky find on consignment!


Then we were off to the beach!  The BLUE water looked too inviting in the heat!  Evie was nice and cool though! I had a good friend knit me this photo prop mermaid tail before she was even born!  We just used a crochet headband for her little purple top.


Our AMAZING photographer, Brittany: BLP Photography, created this mosaic as part of the session.  It will be a big hit come the holiday season, I would imagine...



This was oh-so-fun to put together.  I had a couple of stressful moments cursing my sewing machine, but overall.... very well worth it!!  Linking up to Blue Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable -- I love Evie's sweet sweet smile! My favorites are the Red Riding Hood pics -- the "wolf" and the next one where she's kind of hunkered down in the grass. That look is irresistible! You were very clever with her costumes and props!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennicillin,

    Your sweet girl looks darling in blue.

    Thanks for joining in to celebrate Blue Monday’s 5th Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the photography with your adorable little girl ~ Wonderful and creative photography ~ Brava! ~ carol, xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely adorable. Evie is a delightful little model. Loved the mermaid tail.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my...I do have the cutest grandbabies in the whole world! (And a pretty intimidating granddog as well.)

    ReplyDelete