Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eye Spy Thrusday Revealed: Today; I am making bread

I spy with my little eye Bread Baking (do I get two points for using the letter 'b' twice??)

Once you settle into the basic routine of homemaking.... and you don't have kids that you're constantly picking up after... you have a lot of free time.

I'm bored, a lot.

So last week at the commissary I bought eight packets of yeast, and a five pound bag of flour. I'm starting with a simple recipe for an onion herb focaccia. I decided to go old fashioned and not use any beaters, but simply a wooden spoon, a bowl, and my hands. No dough hooks, no motors, and a new respect for my great-grandmother.

Here is the dough after it's first rise:

After it's second rise:

The finished product:
I'm feeling very proud of myself at the moment :-) Happy Eye Spy Thursday everyone! See you next week; the theme will be "I spy with my little eye, something that begins with 'C'" See you on Pink Saturday!

1 comment: