Saturday, February 16, 2013

Finally!

I have been waiting to write this blog for 2 or 3 weeks.... possibly longer.  Seriously, it's been building up inside of me!  BUT, I couldn't!!!  I've been planning a baby shower for this lady:

 Photo by Ashlyn Expressions

Christa is one of my best friends here in Virginia, and I didn't need to be spoiling the surprise of all of the cuteness by letting her see the pictures on my blog!


The theme was Showered With Love, and I got a whole series of printables from Hostess With The Mostesst.  I got the download for free due to a sponsorship from Huggies, but you can still go to her blog and download them if you want to for your own shower.  I love HWTM, and was thrilled to get my hands on all of her super cute stuff to throw an epic shower.  I also ordered some pictures from her recent maternity photo shoot to decorate with.  Then I enlisted the help of our amazing friend Beth, and we were ready to go!

Beth and I got together for a craft night where we made a diaper cake, cut out a bunch of little raindrops and umbrellas and clouds, and planned the menu (based mostly off of "baby sized" food).






We had three games, one was to guess how many pieces of candy were in a mason jar, another was to guess the value of a basket full of mommy necessities, and the third was to guess the circumference of mommy's 37week pregnant belly.  We also had everyone write a wish for Christa on a raindrop to attach to clouds.  At the end we put the raindrops and clouds in a album she can add pictures to later.





We had so much fun!  Baby Esther is allowed to be born now :-p

2 comments:

  1. It all turned out so cute! I'll bet Christa was thrilled! I can't help but notice Joe's favorite car sitting on the coffee table in the last photo...ever present! You guys did a great job with everything - love it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! :) I had such a blast and everything was adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete